Utah Truck Permits


Permits for Commercial Trucking in Utah

If you're operating a commercial truck in Utah, you'll need to make sure you have the proper permits in place. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires all trucks that are operating interstate to be registered with the USDOT. In addition, trucks that are carrying certain types of freight may also require additional permits. For example, if you're transporting hazardous materials, you'll need to get a Hazardous Materials Transportation permit. Permits are an important part of commercial trucking in Utah and our team will help you to ensure that your trucks are operating legally and in compliance with state laws.

What Permits Are Required for Utah?

  • DOT Number

    Every commercial truck on the road is required to have a US DOT number. This number is issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), and it serves as a way to track and identify commercial vehicles. In order to get a US DOT number, trucking companies must register with the FMCSA. Once registered, they will be assigned a number that must be displayed on their vehicles.

  • Federal MC Authority

    In order to operate a trucking company, you need to have a motor carrier permit, also known as an MC number. This number is regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and it indicates that you have met all of the necessary requirements to operate a trucking business.

  • BOC-3 Filing

    A BOC-3 filing is a federal filing that trucking companies and other commercial transportation businesses are required to obtain. The purpose of the filing is to provide the federal government with information about the company's drivers, vehicles, and insurance coverage. This allows the government to track the company's safety record and ensure that it is meeting all federal regulations.

  • UCR Filing

    The Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) program is a federal registration system that applies to trucks and other commercial vehicles. The program requires carriers to file an annual report detailing their fleet size, mileage, and other information.

  • 2290 HVUT

    2290 HVUT is a tax that is assessed on trucks that have a gross weight of over 55,000 pounds. The tax is used to help fund the construction and maintenance of highways.

We Can Help with Your Permits

Obtain the Right Permits for Your Needs

TIS Trucking Services is here to help you with all your commercial truck permit needs in Utah. We have the expertise and knowledge necessary for navigating through this process so that yours are fully compliant, which will free up time spent on other important tasks like running a business! Let us take care of your trucking permits today.

Get Help With Your Insurance Requirements

Our parent company, The Insurance Store, can also help with your insurance needs for your commercial trucks, personal vehicles, home, and business. We have a wide range of options to choose from, so you can find the perfect coverage for your needs. No matter what type of insurance you're looking for, we can help you find the best coverage at the most competitive prices. Let us help you protect what's important to you.

Truck Permit Services Available in All States

We also offer trucking permit services for all states surrounding Utah including Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico and Wyoming. Contact our team today to learn more!

Get Your UT Trucking Permits

Here is what Our Happy Customers have to say

Rita has been the absolute best during our permit process. Helped us with ALL questions we had was very patient with all our concerns as we are new business owners. Recommend her 100% we really appreciate your help Rita you’re amazing! Thank you very much!
Jesus Lutt

Rita was amazing very simple and fast service completed MCP renewal very fast would definitely recommend TIS Trucking Services!
Ricardo Barcenas

Shalyn has been been so helpful every step of the way and has made starting my business easy.
Brandon N.