Mom’s Cornbread submitted by Josina Ysasaga
This cornbread is the best! It is moist, fluffy, and delicious. It is also nice and savory but with some good sweet to it. It would go great with chili or just with some butter or honey.
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well — it will be thicker than you expect.
- For a little variation, add one or more of the “Optional Ingredients.”
- Pour into buttered 9″ x 13″ casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- This cornbread is very moist and dense.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes for best flavor.
- Enjoy it!