- 1 beef tenderloin (3 pounds; preferably center-cut), silver skin trimmed
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened, divided
- Place beef in a resealable plastic bag. Whisk together Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil, and pour over beef. Tightly seal bag, and let beef marinate at room temperature for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches from the heat source. Transfer beef and marinade to a heavy oven-safe skillet, just large enough to hold the beef. Spread 2 tablespoons of butter over top of the beef; broil 8 minutes. Remove from oven, turn beef with tongs, and spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter on top. Broil 5 minutes more. Remove from oven, and cover skillet tightly with foil. Let beef in skillet rest 45 minutes. Thinly slice, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve with pan juices.