This is a recipe given to us by Bobby Sabeh in our Personal Lines department. This is a recipe his grandmother would make when he was a child. After his grandmother passed away, his mom continued on the tradition of cooking her Lebanese recipes for him to enjoy. This one in particular is his favorite.
- 1 Large Eggplant
- ¼ cup tahini sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Olive oil, parsley & pomegranate for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap eggplant in aluminum foil and roast for 45 to 60 minutes until the eggplant is soft when poked with a knife. Unwrap the eggplant and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is cool to the touch, cut off the top and peel off the skin and discard, keeping only the flesh of the eggplant.
- Place the flesh of the eggplant in a food processor or blender. Add the lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves and salt. Blend for 1 minute until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Garnish with olive oil, parsley and pomegranate.
- Enjoy the delicious dip with fresh veggies or toasted pita bread!