This recipe was provided by Lisa Thunstrom in our Personal Lines department. It is a comfort food recipe her mom makes, and she was given it from her twin sister. *Great for stove top or crockpot
- 1 pound Albertson’s Italian sausage, mile & sweet (not spicy)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 carrots medium, chopped
- 4 stalks celery with leaves and finely cut
- 4 potatoes cut in chunks
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomato, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed, dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed, dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon crushed, dried Mediterranean basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed, dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (14 ½-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can white corn, drained
- Trader Joes Blue Tortilla chips
- If sausage is in skins, remove skins
- In large skillet, combine sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until sausage is brown. Drain off fat.
- In slow cooker, combine carrots, celery and potatoes and place on bottom.
- Top with sausage mixture.
- In medium bowl combine rest of ingredients – tomatoes, sauce, spices (except for past), then pour over everything in crockpot.
- Pour broth over that in crockpot.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours, or low 8-10 hours.
- Add white corn before serving.
- Serve with Blue Tortilla chips