This recipe is gluten and vegan-friendly.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 small white onion, diced
• 1 cup diced butternut squash (skin and seeds removed)
• 3 cups canned pumpkin (approximately 1 ½ 15-ounce cans)
• 1 tablespoon honey or light agave syrup
• 2 cups water
• ¼ cup apple juice concentrate
• 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon coarse salt
• ½ teaspoon white pepper
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 6 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds), roasted and salted (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and butternut squash and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce to medium low heat. Simmer for 30-45 minutes until completely cooked and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Blend with immersion blender until smooth or transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth.
- Evenly divide soup into 6 bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of pepitas.