“This is actually a receipt that my mom’s best friend, somebody that I consider an aunt, taught me how to make. I would spend many days in the summer at her house playing with her nephew who would visit from Washington with her daughter. We would go to the pool or the water park, and she would always make these Spam musubi and pack them for us. She eventually taught me how to make them and gifted me my own musubi maker. For me, it’s not so much a family receipt but sentimental and reminiscent of my childhood.”
- Kombu Dried Seaweed paper
- 1 Can of spam
- 4 cups of rice – You may have left over at the end
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Furikake Rice Seasoning
- Should make about 10 spam musubi
Special Kitchen tool needed
- Musubi Maker
- Slice spam into about 10 even slices.
- Poke a few holes into the spam to let the marinade soak in
- Marinade the spam in the teriyaki sauce for about 5 hours
- Wash your rice. Add water. Place the tip of your middle finger on the top of the rice and add or remove water until it reaches the first line of your middle finger.
- Begin cooking your rice
- Once the rice is finished cooking, you can begin cooking the spam.