- 5 large potatoes (boil full potato till fork tender but not soft)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 diced green onions
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (we like Tillamook)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese separated
- ¼ margarine
- Clean potatoes in skins. Prick with fork.
- Boil in skins until fork tender, but still firm. Cool and scrape off skins. Coarsely grate potatoes.
- Melt margarine, soup, sour cream and cheese together in microwave or in saucepan till blended and soupy.
- Stir in onions.
- Put grated potatoes in 8” bakeware of pan. Cover with cheese mixture and gently fold cheese sauce into potatoes without mashing potatoes. Top with additional ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is bubbly.
Double recipe for 9X13 pan.