Broccoli for breakfast? This broccoli soufflé can be eaten for breakfast lunch or as a side dish for dinner. It’s one of my favorites. It’s great steaming hot fresh from the oven or can be refrigerated then reheated to let all the flavors melt together. Believe it or not, kids will eat their broccoli when served this way.
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli crowns or small bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- ¼ cup of butter (½ Stick)
- 3 TBSP of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Small container of Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in a large casserole pan while oven is preheating
- Place eggs into a mixing bowl. Stir eggs with whisk or fork.
- Combine broccoli, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, flour, and onions with the beaten eggs.
- Pour the ingredients from the mixing bowl onto the butter in the casserole dish. No need to stir, just spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 60 minutes. Edges and top should be golden brown when done. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.