Arizona Truck Permits


Permits for Commercial Trucking in Arizona

If you're a commercial trucker planning to travel through Arizona, you'll need to obtain the proper permits. The process is generally straightforward, but there are a few things you'll need to keep in mind. First, you'll need to make sure that all of your truck filings are up to date. This includes your registration, insurance, and any other required paperwork. Second, you'll need to obtain a permit for each truck that you plan to operate in Arizona. Finally, keep in mind that Arizona has different rules for interstate and intrastate trucking. Make sure you're familiar with the requirements for both before hitting the road. With a little bit of preparation, obtaining a truck permit for Arizona is a simple process.

What Permits Are Required for Arizona?

  • DOT Number

    If you're a commercial trucker looking to operate in Arizona, you'll need a US DOT number. The US DOT number is a unique identifier assigned by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). It's required for all commercial trucking companies that operate across state lines. In order to get a US DOT number, you must first register your business with the FMCSA. Once you've done that, you can apply for your permit online. When you have your US DOT number, you'll be able to obtain the necessary permits and licenses to operate in Arizona.

  • Federal MC Authority

    A Motor Carrier (MC) number is required for any company that operates a commercial truck in interstate commerce. In order to get an MC number, a company must first file a Form MCS-150 with the FMCSA. This form provides information about the company, its vehicles, and its drivers. The FMCSA uses this information to determine whether a company is eligible for an MC number. Once a company has been issued an MC number, it must maintain a valid insurance policy and comply with all other federal regulations. Trucking companies that fail to do so can be subject to penalties, including fines and suspension of their MC number.

  • BOC-3 Filing

    A BOC-3 filing ("Designation of Agents for Service of Process") is a federal filing in the United States that assigns a process agent to accept legal documents on behalf of a transportation or logistics company in each state in which the company is authorized to do business.

  • UCR Filing

    Every year, truckers across the country file their Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) in order to stay compliant with the law. The UCR is an annual fee that truckers must pay in order to operate their vehicles. The fee is based on the number of trucks in a carrier's fleet, and it helps to cover the costs of federal and state regulations. In addition, the UCR provides funds for enforcement and compliance activities, as well as educational programs about truck safety.

  • 2290 HVUT

    2290 HVUT is a federal excise tax imposed on certain heavy vehicles. The tax is based on the weight of the vehicle and the distance traveled. 2290 HVUT is also known as the heavy vehicle use tax or the trucking weight tax. 2290 HVUT is collected by the IRS and is typically paid when a truck registers with the DMV. 2290 HVUT must be paid annually, and the amount of tax owed depends on the weight of the truck and the number of miles traveled.

  • Temporary Permits (IRP & IFTA)

    An IRP permit is a temporary permit that allows you to operate a vehicle outside of your base state. The permit is valid for a specific period of time, and it allows you to avoid having to register your vehicle in each state that you travel to. An IFTA permit is an agreement between states that allows fuel tax to be paid on a fuel purchase made in one state, but used in another. This permit is available to both interstate and international carriers. A temporary fuel tax permit may also be obtained if you are only traveling through a state for a short period of time.

Your One Stop Shop for AZ Trucking Permits

Obtain the Right Permits for Your Needs

If you’re looking for help with your commercial truck permits in Arizona, TIS Trucking Services can assist. We have the experience and knowledge to guide you through the process of acquiring the necessary permits and filings so that your truck is fully compliant with state regulations. Let us take care of this important task for you so that you can focus on running your business. Contact us today to get started!

We Can Help With Your Truck Insurance Too!

Trucking is a big business in Arizona, and commercial truck insurance is essential for protecting your business. At TIS, we can help you find the right policy to fit your needs. We have years of experience working with truckers and know the ins and outs of commercial truck insurance. Let us help you protect your business today.

Truck Permit Services Available in All States

We also offer trucking permit services for states surrounding Arizona including California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado. Contact our team today to learn more!

Get Your AZ Trucking Permits

Here is what Our Happy Customers have to say

Rita has been the absolute best during our permit process. Helped us with ALL questions we had was very patient with all our concerns as we are new business owners. Recommend her 100% we really appreciate your help Rita you’re amazing! Thank you very much!
Jesus Lutt

Rita was amazing very simple and fast service completed MCP renewal very fast would definitely recommend TIS Trucking Services!
Ricardo Barcenas

Shalyn has been been so helpful every step of the way and has made starting my business easy.
Brandon N.